Yesterday I spent at least 2 hours scouring Pinterest and my FB feeds for an easy ornament to make.
I found it!
Material list (I got everything at Wally’s):
- package of baby ankle socks ($4 for a pack of 10 pairs, will make 20 ornaments)
- googly eyes ($4.50 for hundreds, various sizes)
- brown pipe cleaners ( less than $1 for pack of 25)
- holiday fabric ribbon (I used 5/8″ wide, was less than $1 for 3 yards)
- small square of orange felt for nose, perhaps an orange button might work, too
- colored poms (less than $1 for a pack of many)
- cotton filling (less than $4 for big pack)
- hot glue gun and sticks of glue
Here we go!
Take a sock and fill 2/3 full with cotton filling. Use rubberband at neck section and again at top of head section.
Fold down top of sock in a stocking cap style.
Glue 2 googly eyes on face.
Take a small segment of ribbon (4-5″), fold it over on itself and glue at bottom. This will be the hanging loop for tree.
Hot glue this loop to top of hat. I then used a pom in front of that.
I cut a brown pipe cleaner into arms, and added branches for fingers. I glued them to side of snowman. And then added a red holiday scarf around his neck and sequin buttons down his belly. I added a small sliver of the orange felt for his carrot nose 🙂
It took me around 15 minutes to do this from beginning to end and he is so stinking cute! He would make a great package topper too.
Would love to see other examples if anyone else is getting into the holiday spirit!
Edit: The finished products! I made 20 ornaments in 6 hours.