I finally got around to making my own solid perfume sticks. They turned out awesome!
What you will need:
- Glass measuring cup
- Pipette (plastic eye dropper)
- Carrier Oil (grape seed, almond, or olive) I used a light olive oil
- Essential or fragrance oils work with this ( I used Patchouli and Orange)
- Containers (I used empty chap stick tubes)
- Double boiler ( I used a canning ring upside down in pan of water and then placed my glass measuring cup on top of that)
The recipe is:
Equal parts Beeswax and carrier oil (olive, almond, grape seed) I used a light olive oil
30-40 drops of Essential or Fragrance oil, depending on how strong of scent you want
For your double boiler- only add 1/2 the height of water to your glass (using a 2c. measuring glass, only allow water to go to the 1c. mark). When water starts boiling, you do NOT want the water to splash back into your Beeswax.
Melt down the Beeswax. When it becomes clear, remove glass from water and add your carrier oil.
When thoroughly blended, add in your Essential or Fragrance Oils.
Using your pipette or eye dropper- fill your container and let cool for at least an hour before capping.
They turned out awesome!
Try it- it was easy, quick, moderately cheap and it makes a great girlfriend gift!